These are stuff dreams are made of. AmiguruMEI has just received its first Liebster Blog Award from Sharon of Homemade Obsessions! Thank you so much for including us in your selection!
Liebster is a German word that simply means favourite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster Blog Award is passed on from one blogger to the next, and is usually bestowed upon those with inspiring content on their page, but have fewer than 200 followers. The Award’s purpose is to help spread the word for newer bloggers, which would help them gain wider recognition in the long run.
In accepting the award, the blogger should:
- Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
- Share five random facts about yourself that people don’t know about you.
After due consideration, Meimoirs have found five awesome personalities that are much deserving of the Award. They are:
- Michelle Ong of Nekomeow
- Elaine Dong of Angelolli
- Suzielah Rahmad of Mindnsoul
- Nana of Handmade + Nana
- Patch Stitch Button of Patch Stitch Button
Please visit their awe-inspiring blogs! And now here are five random nuggets about Meimoirs, as promised!
1) She enjoys watching the Studio Ghibli collection of animes over and over again, and have done so many times in the three different languages that they’re available in: Japanese, English and Chinese.
2) She is a fan of the Monkey Island and Legend of Zelda series of games. She once also spent hours building dream houses for her Sims in The Sims, as well as malfunctioning theme park rides (Rollercoaster Tycoon) and fruit-based pizzas in Pizza Connection.
3) As a child, she gave each of her Barbie dolls a first, middle and last name and recorded them all down on a piece of paper. She is guilty of having renamed the Pocahontas doll to Joan, simply because she looks more like a “Joan”.
4) She dreams of one day visiting the Studio Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, the Little Prince Museum in Hakone and the Moomin Cafe in Fukuoka, Japan. Her obsession with the Japanese culture (although the Little Prince is really French) has now moved on to encompass the weird-cute Anpanman!
5) She has successfully mastered the art of cooking Kung Pow Chicken and Japanese curry, and would rotate between the two recipes whenever she volunteers to make dinner (Uh oh!).
These facts serve as an introduction to the whimsies Meimoirs have in store for you. More will be channeled onto amiguruMEI soon enough!
5 thoughts on “amiguruMEI gets the Liebster Blog Award!”
Good stuff! Keep up the good work. 🙂
Congrats on your award! Wow! It wasn’t too long ago that you started your craft blog & now you are receiving this award. Isn’t it an encouragement? I know it did encourage me a little when I was given mine ^_^
Good day! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking back frequently!
I love moomins, and… I’ve been to studio ghibli!!
Yay! I really hope I’ll be able to visit studio ghibli one day! What did you love most about it?