Hello Kitty Crochet Author Showcase & Signing

21 Oct

It’s finally happening!

Here are the details of my Hello Kitty Crochet Author Showcase and Signing event!

amigurumei mei li lee

If you happen to be in Kuala Lumpur Nov 9, stop by the Kinokuniya Bookstore at 2pm to catch me in action – I’ll be doing a light and breezy tutorial, and there’ll be photo taking opportunities too!

For the first time ever, the original dolls from Hello Kitty Crochet will be displayed at Kinokuniya alongside my books in conjunction with Hello Kitty Reading Day this Saturday, Oct 25. Come by to grab a photo with them! They will be at the bookstore till Nov 14 🙂

Do drop me a line if you’re planning to stop by; I’d love to look out for you!

I’d really like to thank everyone for being so supportive of my book and I really do love seeing your photos of Hello Kitty and the rest of her amigurumi pals. Keep ’em coming!

XOXOXO

Mei 🙂

P/S The post has been updated as I’m no longer making an appearance at Hello Kitty Town, Johor Bahru. Instead, I’ll be heading to Singapore at a later date! Stay tuned for more updates!

Advertisements

29 Responses to “Hello Kitty Crochet Author Showcase & Signing”

1. yuhwan October 21, 2014 at 11:08 pm #

Hi Mei,

My name is Chloe and I’m from Melaka. I have been eagerly following and waiting for the release on your Hello Kitty Crochet book since I read about it’s soon to be release 🙂

If you don’t mind, may I ask if the books will be on sale during your book signing session at Kinokuniya on the 9th of Nov?

Thanks for the info.

Best Regards, Chloe

Sent from my iPhone

• amigurumei October 21, 2014 at 11:11 pm #

Hi Chloe!

So nice to hear from you! Yes, they are already available in Kinokuniya, Suria KLCC. I trust that they will be having even more copies for the event. Hopefully, I can see you there!

🙂 Mei

• Chloe October 23, 2014 at 1:28 pm #

Hihi,
        I am so excited that finally I bought the book !! Can’t wait to start crocheting ! May I know what type of yarn that you are using for your work? And where can I purchase it in Malaysia? Currently I am ony using MinLon or Nona. But I feel that the quality of the yarn is not good enough.

Chloe

• amigurumei October 25, 2014 at 8:31 pm #

Hey Chloe! Not sure if I’ve replied you 🙂 I’ve been using Nona or Wina yarn because they have a great range of colour, though Wina’s quality seem to have seen better days. I quite like Moda Vera yarn from Spotlight – I’m currently using the 8ply one, which makes the dolls a bit bigger 🙂 hope you can come by my signing event in Kino Nov 9! Would love to meet you!

2. Eunice Quah October 21, 2014 at 11:26 pm #

Hi Mei,

In your post you said to leave you a line if we are to be attending the signing. How do we do that?

Eunice

• amigurumei October 21, 2014 at 11:31 pm #

Hey Eunice!
      You can e-mail me or drop me a Facebook message — anything! And since I heard from you here, that’s fine too! I look forward to seeing you! 🙂

3. Anne Hoo October 22, 2014 at 5:45 am #

Will the books be available in Kino? I bought mine from Amazon and have not received it

• amigurumei October 25, 2014 at 8:33 pm #

Hey Anne! Yes they’re already in Kino 🙂

4. theamiproject October 25, 2014 at 6:33 pm #

Hi Mei,
    Will you be signing books that aren’t purchased from Kinokuniya?

• amigurumei October 25, 2014 at 8:28 pm #

Hi there! Yes! Please bring along you book! I’d be more than happy to meet you and sign your book 🙂 if you’ve made any dolls, bring them along too! Will try to make time to snap some photos together 🙂

• theamiproject October 29, 2014 at 5:10 pm #

I purchased my copy from Book Depository early this month but it hasn’t arrive yet. 😦 Hopefully, it arrives before your book signing event. Is it okay if I still attend the book signing even though I don’t have any books for you to sign? And it’d be awesome if there’s time for photos. 😀

• amigurumei October 29, 2014 at 5:17 pm #

Hey there! I still don’t know your name! :0 Yes of course! Come by anyway as I’d love to meet you. I’ll be starting off first with a demo so I think you’d enjoy that! 🙂 I can’t wait to meet you!

• theamiproject October 30, 2014 at 7:58 pm #

Oh sorry, I meant to leave my name in the previous comment. Anyway, I am Serena. 😀 Wow, a demo sounds cool! I’ll do my best to drop by and I am hoping that my copy of Hello Kitty Crochet arrives before your book signing session. And yes, I’d love to meet you too.

5. theamiproject October 25, 2014 at 6:34 pm #

Hi Mei,
    Will you be signing the books that aren’t purchased from Kinokuniya?

6. Lisa October 27, 2014 at 9:25 am #

Hi!!

I was so bummed that you changed the singapore date! Do you happen to know when you will be rescheduling? I’m pregnant and due in early dec hah 🙂

Thanks!
    Lisa

• amigurumei October 27, 2014 at 9:36 am #

Oh dear Lisa, so sorry! I’m still in the midst of making plans, but I really do hope to accommodate you as well! Let me see what I can work out, and if you can’t make it, I’ll work around when you’re available! 🙂 congratulations by the way! So exciting!

• Lisa October 27, 2014 at 9:41 am #

You are so sweet! I hope to make it!! Congrats to you as well!!

• amigurumei October 27, 2014 at 9:43 am #

Thank you! Where do I find you on instagram/facebook? Just so I can be in the loop on your special day!

• Lisa October 27, 2014 at 9:47 am #

Facebook use this email lisanguyen921@gmail.com … Instagram. Instagram.com/leeser921 🙂

7. Anne Hoo October 28, 2014 at 6:41 am #

Hi Mei, I already got your book..it is so kawaii, I love it, the layout, colour schemes, the hard cover, etc etc…congratulations! Is it possible to buy all items in ‘A Basket of Supplies’ in Spotlight? Especially the brads and felt seals

• amigurumei October 28, 2014 at 8:44 am #

Thank you Anne! I like the brads from Art Friend, and felt seal from Daiso 🙂 Spotlight has some larger brads but not as many colours 🙂

8. Erin Wang November 1, 2014 at 7:23 am #

Hi Mei, I really like your crochet, it’s so kawaii! >w< I really want to buy one of your finished design, is there anyway I can?

9. Erin November 5, 2014 at 12:24 am #

Hi, I just bought your book and I can’t wait to start my first Sanrio amigurumi!!! 🙂 Congrats on your book!

10. Gin November 7, 2014 at 1:59 pm #

Hi, Mei!!!
    Would I be able to buy your book, “Hello Kitty Crochet” in Singapore?
    What is the best way I can buy this book?
    Looking forward to your reply…!!!

11. Gin November 7, 2014 at 2:12 pm #

Hi Mei!!!
    May I know if the book is sold in Singapore?
    When will u be coming to Singapore?

• amigurumei November 7, 2014 at 2:26 pm #

Hey Gin! Yes the book is sold in Kinokuniya in Singapore too. They should’ve restocked it by now 🙂 I’m still in the midst of planning for my Singapore visit — will definitely share that when everything’s firmed up! Take care Gin!

• Gin November 7, 2014 at 2:33 pm #

Thank you for your prompt reply!!!
        😉

12. Jenn February 8, 2015 at 3:19 pm #

Hi Mei!

I love your book!

I am working on my first doll from it and have a question. For the Hello Kitty in the Tuxedo Sam costume… the hat on pg. 52, I’m unclear on how Row 7 transitions into Row 8. The stitch count seems to be off. Can you please clarify for me?

Thank you!!
    Jennifer

• amigurumei February 8, 2015 at 3:33 pm #

Hi Jenn!

I have a post on that in my blog, to do with Tuxedosam’s hat pattern. Do refer to that as it would clear up the misprint! 🙂