Advertisements

A first look at my book: Hello Kitty Crochet

2 Sep

Hello Kitty Crochet by amiguruMEI

Are you guys excited? It’s about 15 days till the release of Hello Kitty Crochet!

I just received my advanced copies and I’m so pleased with them! I’m sure you will be too when your copy arrives!

If you still haven’t purchased a copy, you can do so by clicking on the book cover on the top right sidebar of this blog 🙂

Hello Kitty Crochet by amiguruMEI

Many have been asking me about the contents of the book. All I can say is: everybody loves a good surprise! Here you can see Chococat, My Melody, Hello Kitty, Keroppi and Badtz Maru. Just who else have made it into the book? Let me know your guesses!

Hello Kitty Crochet by amiguruMEI

I hope you like Miss Kitty White’s pattern! 🙂

Hello Kitty Crochet by amiguruMEI

I love how cute yet sturdy the book is! I had a great time working with senior designer Amanda Richmond of Quirk Books, who have been ever so accommodating with my still-developing photography skills. I think she did a fabulous job with the design!

Hello Kitty Crochet by amiguruMEI

It still feels like a dream that I have a book to my name, and one that is attached to Sanrio and Hello Kitty too!

P/S Please do let me confirm on the availability of the book in Asia, particularly in Malaysia and Singapore. If all goes well, I may just get to meet all you Hello Kitty fans at a book-signing event! Stay tuned 🙂

Advertisements

20 Responses to “A first look at my book: Hello Kitty Crochet”

1. ateeyf September 2, 2014 at 10:42 am #

This looks so cute! Congrats on your first book! I’m so proud as a fellow Malaysian 🙂 I hope this will be available in local book stores, Kinokuniya perhaps? Would LOVE to join the book-signing event too! ❤

2. amilovesgurumi September 2, 2014 at 12:31 pm #

This is such a great book with a lot of cute patterns, I love it. Congratulations to your first booK!

3. Hannah September 2, 2014 at 2:01 pm #

I am sooo excited for you ( and me when I get this in the mail hehehe) I know I comment on everything but I am very happy to see that someone is taking something fun and making a book out of it! I could not even imagine making a pattern! I am very happy that I am able to purchase your patterns! I cannot wait to make everything! this is the first book I have ever pre-ordered! I am a huge fan of hello kitty regardless if she is a cat or a British girl haha.

4. Chew September 3, 2014 at 1:35 pm #

Can we buy this book from any bookstores in Malaysia?

• amigurumei September 16, 2014 at 12:42 pm #

Not at the moment! Am still working hard on trying to make that possible as the rights lie in the publishers and Sanrio’s hands. Let’s hope for the best!

5. Chloe September 5, 2014 at 7:34 pm #

Hi Mei

Congratulations on your first crochet book and looking at the photos, I can’t wait to get my own copy and start making my own Sanrio friends. Can I ask what brand of yarn did you use to make these cuties? As I would like my crochet project to end up looking like your lovely creations. It would be very much appreciated if you can let me know which yarns you used and colours. Thank you and looking forward to hearing back from you.

Love Chloe

• amigurumei September 16, 2014 at 12:41 pm #

Hi Chloe!

I use a brand of yarn that is found in Malaysia. I’ve also been using the Moda Vera yarn from Spotlight Australia to achieve the same effect, if slightly bigger 🙂 Acrylic yarn is the way to go 🙂

6. Jessie September 5, 2014 at 8:00 pm #

Hello, can I ask where do you buy the brads that you used in your projects from? As I’m finding it very hard to buy the correct ones as you use. Thank you.

• amigurumei September 16, 2014 at 12:39 pm #

Hi Jessie!

I buy them from the local craft stores / book stores in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. I believe you can buy them online too from Etsy or any scrapbooking sites 🙂

7. rissamargareta September 10, 2014 at 11:12 am #

hi mei 🙂
    Will this book available in Singapore when the release date?

• amigurumei September 16, 2014 at 12:39 pm #

Hi Rissa!
      For now, the release date is only for the US. As for the UK, it will be Oct 9. Will definitely announce it on my blog when there’s a release date for Asian bookstores! 🙂

8. Samantha September 18, 2014 at 1:49 pm #

How do you obtain the bonus patterns from the book? I purchased the book from iTunes and can’t find the patterns when I click the link from Quirk Books.

• amigurumei September 18, 2014 at 2:25 pm #

Hey Samantha! We’ll be sharing the bonus patterns and tutorials at a later date, when more people have their copies of the book ☺️☺️☺️☺️

9. Rebecca September 19, 2014 at 2:03 am #

I just got my book and I love it – congratulations!! Everything is really just sooo cute! :). I mistakenly ordered two copies and am very glad I did. The second copy will make a great gift!

10. luciacara September 20, 2014 at 8:35 pm #

Will you be adding this book to ravelry?

11. Oods13 September 24, 2014 at 10:17 am #

What is the verdict on selling finished products while giving pattern credit, yes, no?

12. iggypuffygirlYvonne September 30, 2014 at 10:53 pm #

I just received your book and I am so excited to try out all the patterns! Hopefully I can find the right weight of yarns to use 🙂

13. Zainab January 20, 2015 at 1:15 pm #

Hello Mei!
    I bought your book, and this is my first time making a full amigurumi (I’ve been practicing making shapes and magic circle for so long to prepare myself!). I love all the patterns….especially as you’ve included my favourite character..Tuxedo Sam and his icecreams!! I was wondering what weight of yarn you used for the amigurumis? I have acrylic yarn and cotton yarn in worsted weight, and some acrylic yarn thats also very thin just a little thicker then embroidery floss…a fingering weight yarn. I was wondering what weight would be best! Thank you 🙂

• amigurumei February 8, 2015 at 3:36 pm #

Hi Zainab, I’m glad you like my book! I tend to use yarn that is slightly thicker than a fingering weight yarn. Something that matches the size of a 2.5mm hook works best for me 🙂